Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Annapurna Base Camp Trek
katmandu - Pokhara - Gandruk - Chomrong - Deurail - Annapurna
Fix Departure Date: 16 to 26 May 2020
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu (1300m/4264ft)
Upon arrival in Kathmandu by flight, our representative will pick you up from the airport and take to the Hotel. Rest for some time. Briefing regarding the trip and meeting with the trekking guide. Do shopping for trekking gears as necessary. Assistance provided as necessary. Welcome dinner with cultural dance at an authentic Nepali restaurant. O/n at hotel in Kathmandu.-D
Day 2: Fly to Pokhara (823m/2,700ft): 30 min and drive to Nayapul (2 hours) then trek to Ghandruk 4-5 hours
Early morning after breakfast and we drive to airport for flight to Pokhara. Pickup from airport and drive to Syauli Bazar (1/2 hour flight 1 & 1/2hours drive). We trek to Ghandruk, a beautiful village mostly inhabited by the Gurung community. If time permits, we also visit the Gurung museum today.
Tea house in Ghandruk -B, L, D
Day 3: Ghandruk to Chhomrong (2170m/7120ft): 5-6 hours
At this juncture, we climb up for around an hour up to Kimrungdanda. On the way, we can enjoy great views of Annapurna South, Himchuli, Fishtail Mountain (Machhapuchhre) and Gangapurna. Next, it’s a steep descent takes us to the KimrongKhola. After another steep ascent from KimrongKhola to ChereDanda, we descend for a while then it’s a gentle walk to Chhomrong. Chhomrong is a beautiful village located on the lap of the giant Annapurna massive.
Tea House in Chhomrong - B, L, D
Day 4: Trek from Chomrong to Dovan (2600m) about 6 hours.
The trail descends via a stone staircase and then crosses the ChhomrongKhola. We climb till Sinuwa. After Sinuwa passing through forests of bamboo, rhododendron and oak arrives Bamboo. From Bamboo we walk some up and down 1.5 hours to Dovan.
Tea House in Dovan- B, L, D
Day 5: Trek from Dovan to Deurali (3230m) about 4 hours.
The day starts with gentle gradual ascend following the trail above the river through bamboo, oak and rhododendron forests. We cross two small rivers over small bridges. The trail follows along the Modi River. There is also the possibility of seeing a variety of species of wildlife such as wild pig, deer and langoors.
Tea House in Deurali - B, L, D
Day 6: Trek from Deurail to Annapurna base camp (4130m) about 4 hours.
Today we start our trek to Machhapuchre Base Camp (MBC). The trail climbs gently through a river bank and then it rises steeply over the mountain side. There are also some avalanche prone areas at some points on the trail but only after or during winter season. From MBC to ABC you will see bare platue without plants. We will face with the snow boulders melting and forming small rivers with having sensational views of the near-vertical south face of Annapurna towering above the sanctuary. The heart inspiring views of Machhapuchre, Annapurna south, Annapurna I, Hiuchuli and other peaks will be the sparkling of our hard efforts.
Tea House in ABC - B, L, D
Day 7: Trek from Annapurna base camp to Bamboo (2310m) about 7 hours.
Early morning we relish the magnificent sunrise over the Himalayas from Annapurna Base Camp. After our breakfast, we start descending from Annapurna Base Camp to Bamboo back through Machhapuchre Base Camp, Deurali, Dovan and finally reach Bamboo. Heading back down to the valley is much easier than climbing up. We will see the waterfalls that drop down from a high point to the rocks below.
Tea House in Bamboo- B, L, D
Day 8: Trek from Bamboo to Jhinudanda (1780m) about 5-6 hours.
After breakfast we hike up to Sinuwa than down to chhomrongkhola. Then again we ascend on the thousand stony steps taking us to Chhomrong. From Chomrong, we further descend to Jhinudanda. Upon arrival at Jhinudanda, we get opportunity to enjoy hot springs lying just a 20 mins down from Jhinudanda.
Tea House in Jhinu - B, L, D
Day 9: Trek from Jhinudanda to Kimche 3-4 hours walk and drive Back to Pokhara 2 and half hour.
At the beginning, we walk from Jhinudanda toKimche via Ghandruk. Drive from Kimche to Pokhara. Free time to relax in Pokhara (we recommend you to go at Phewalake for boating). O/n at a hotel.
Day 10: Drive to Kathmandu
Breakfast at hotel.Early morning private drive to Kathmandu. Enjoy the highway with the beautiful views of the mountains and rivers. Check in hotel on reaching Kathmandu. Visit Pashupatinath temple in the evening. O/n at hotel.
Day 11: Departure
Breakfast at hotel.Free time.Airport to drop as per schedule.
Trip Cost: On request
- All the Ground Transportation from airport pick up to airport drop.
- Flight fare Kathmandu- Pokhara
- 3 nights Hotel in Kathmandu on twin sharing basis (Arts Hotel Kathmandu or similar three star hotel
- 1 night Hotel in Pokhara on twin sharing basis (Kuti resort or similar three star hotel)
- All Meals during trekking days (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) with a cup of hot drink as indicated by the itinerary
- All trekking and climbing related permit & fees, (Entry Permit Annapurna conservation fees and TIMS Card).
- A comprehensive medical kit
- 1 professional guide and 1 porter for 2 pax basis
- Guide and porter insurance
- International air fare to/ from Nepal
- Major meals (lunch & dinner) in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Insurance which covers, medical, emergency evacuation, lost, theft expenses
- Drinks: both alcoholic and bottled other than sterilized drinking water.
- Hot shower, Battery charge, WIFI charge during the trekking
- Laundry fees
- Personal gear and expenses
- Extra night hotel accommodation if the guest return early from the trek.
- Tips and gratitude provided to staff.
List of Equipment your required:
- Good Sleeping bag
- Trekking Boots
- Trekking poles (Optional)
- Shirts / T-shirts
- Trousers / Track Pants
- Windproof jacket (preferably Gore-Tex)
- Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater
- Thermal inner wear (upper & lower)
- Woollen cap
- Mittens (Woollen gloves)
- Woollen socks (extra pairs to be carried)
- Raincoat / Poncho
- Water bottle
- Cap / Hat
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Lip Balm
- Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
- Camera (with extra film rolls and batteries)
- Personal toiletries Books, if you like reading
- A small backpack (It will contain what you will need during a trekking day and carried by you), a kit-bag with padlock (or a big backpack. It will contain the 12 kg personal belongings, which will be carried by Ponies. We advise you to protect the inside of the kit-bag with a plastic bag),