Dalai Lama Trek
Dalai Lama Trek
Delhi - Dharamsala - Mcleodganj - Kareri - Triund - Bhagsu - Delhi - Agra
Fix Departure Date: 14 May to 23 May 2019
Day 01: Delhi
Upon arrival in Delhi, we are met by our local guides and transfer to a Hotel in Delhi to freshen up. There will be some free time to explore Delhi this afternoon, before we take the transfer to the train station to catch our sleeper train to Pathankot.
Day 02: Pathankot & Dharamshala (B, D)
Arriving in Pathankot early morning, we then transfer by coach to Dharamshala - the spiritual home of his Holiness the Dalai Lama. There we will be some free time today to explore this fascinating town, before we meet later in the evening for dinner and a briefing for the start of our challenge tomorrow.
Day 03: Dharamshala (Mcleod Ganj) to Kareri - 2,070m (B, L, D)
Following breakfast at our Hotel, we take the transfer to our start point to begin trekking! Our first few kilometres are undulating until we reach Satobari Village, which is where we start our descent through pine forests to Ghere Village. We stop at a mountain stream to enjoy lunch - a great spot!
We continue after lunch with a steep ascent for about 2 hours to Kareri Village, where we set up camp next to the Laund River.
Trekking distance - approx. 14km.
Day 04: Kareri to Bal Village - 2,330m (B, L, D)
After experiencing our first night under the stars, we continue ascending on a gradual trail passing through many charming villages, passing beautiful open meadows and pine forests on the way. We take a short descent to the mountain stream to stop for lunch, then ascend sharply afterwards to Bal. This is the main festival day of Divali so we’re expecting to see the many lights shine up the locals homes! We’re sure the memories of this day will never be forgotten. Trekking distance - approx. 15km
Day 05: Bal Village to Triund - 2,995m (B, L, D)
We continue our trek by crossing over a suspension bridge then ascending through rhododendron and pine forests for approx. 2 hours. We’ll soon come across the local ‘chai’ (tea) shop where we can take a rest and enjoy our surroundings.
All around us are the Gaddi Tribal people taking their cattle up to the high pastures of Lak and Triund. Continuing our ascent after lunch, we finally reach our camp on an alpine meadow facing the breathtaking snow-capped peaks of the Duala Dhar mountain range. Trekking distance - approx. 14km.
Day 06: Triund, to Laka Got - 3,550m, then to Triund (B, L, D)
Our trek today is a challenging ascent to see the fascinating Laka Got, situated at the tip of a glacier. There will be an opportunity for us to trek on the glacier in order to reach Lahes Cave - an overnight shelter used by the shepherds travelling over the mountains with their sheep.
After making the effort to climb up to the cave, we return to Triund for our last night under the stars. Trekking distance - approx. 10km.
Day 07: Triund to Bhagsu Nag. Transfer to Dharamsala (B, L, D)
Following our last breakfast in the campsite, we begin trekking over a grassy ridge which offers us lasting memories of the snow capped peaks that surround us.
Our trek continues with a steep descent to the Bahgsu Nallaha stream - we cross the stream by hopping over the boulders with the help of our local guides. We push towards Bhagsu Nag, which has a divine temple and natural springs which we can visit before taking the transfer back to Dharamsala. This evening we enjoy our celebratory dinner to take in our achievements.
Trekking distance - approx. 12km.
Day 08: Dharamsala - Pathankot (B, D)
We have a free morning to further explore this magical town - why not visit the Tibetan market or take a visit to one of the majestic monasteries? In the afternoon, we take the transfer back to Pathankot train station to catch the overnight sleeper train back to Delhi.
Day 09: Delhi - Agra (B, D)
We arrive in Delhi and jump straight onto our waiting bus to take the transfer to Agra. Upon arrival, we check into our Hotel. Later we visit the incomparable Taj Mahal - no visit to India would be the same without seeing it! Built by the Mughal Emporer, Shah Jahan in loving memory of his wife and will always be a symbol of undying love for anyone who sees it.
Day 10: Agra - Delhi and flight to home
We take the very early transfer back to Delhi in order to catch our flight back to the Home.
Tour and Services ends here.
Trip Cost: On request
- 01 Night stay (Fresh up) in Delhi with Breakfast.
- 02 Night stay in Dharamsala with Breakfast,Dinner.
- 01 Night stay in Agra with Dinner, Breakfast.
- Train Tickets From Delhi – Pathankot & Back.
- Private surface transportation as per the itinerary including toll, tax, parking and driver’s TA / Da.
- Arrival / Departure assistance at Delhi airport.
- Necessary railway station transfers.
For Trekking: Complete Trekking arrangements with English speaking guide, porters/ponies to carry your baggage (12 kg each), Tent for sleeping with mattresses, kitchen tent & utensils, toilet tent and All Meals during trek(Chinese, Indian & continental).
Trekking permit, camping & wildlife fees & Current government taxes
The above cost does not include:
- Tips to trekking staff.
- Air Fare, & Travel insurance.
- Expenses of personal nature like drinks, mineral water, telephone & Laundry etc.
- Sleeping bags, personal equipment for trek.
- Expenses due to bad weather, Land Slide, Road block and any other natural reason beyond our control
List of Equipment your required:
- Good Sleeping bag
- Trekking Boots
- Trekking poles (Optional)
- Shirts / T-shirts
- Trousers / Track Pants
- Windproof jacket (preferably Gore-Tex)
- Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater
- Thermal inner wear (upper & lower)
- Woollen cap
- Mittens (Woollen gloves)
- Woollen socks (extra pairs to be carried)
- Raincoat / Poncho
- Water bottle
- Cap / Hat
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Lip Balm
- Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
- Camera (with extra film rolls and batteries)
- Personal toiletries Books, if you like reading
- A small backpack (It will contain what you will need during a trekking day and carried by you), a kit-bag with padlock (or a big backpack. It will contain the 12 kg personal belongings, which will be carried by Ponies. We advise you to protect the inside of the kit-bag with a plastic bag),